Program & Alumni Updates
Graduation of The/Nudge Incubator’s first Livelihoods Cohort:
The first Livelihoods focused cohort of The/Nudge Incubator was launched in August 2022 aligning with The/Nudge Institute’s vision of building resilient livelihoods for all. The 10 organizations of Cohort 9 are working in the intersectionality of livelihoods and various thematic areas of regenerative agriculture, digital gig work, tribal farmers, artisans, Persons with disabilities, climate action and vulnerable women.
On April 13th, the graduating cohort came together and showcased their work to the larger development sector community, ecosystem players, potential donors and The/Nudge CSI partners at the Soirée held at BIC, Bangalore. Nilekani Philanthropies, NSRCEL, Upaya, Mphasis, Meta, Capgemini, Caring Friends, etc. joined us for the celebration.
Know more about the incubator cohort’s work here.
Incubator Midpoint Bootcamp
A two day virtual Midpoint bootcamp was held for Cohort 9 on the 19th and 20th of January. The bootcamp sessions are designed to bring the cohort together and collectively provide knowledge and inspirational sessions. Siva Reddy and Nidhi Pant spoke about their entrepreneurial journey with the cohort. Sessions and workshops around Fundraising, Finance and Communications were held to support the founders in organization building. The bootcamp also had a Product Deep Dive session, wherein Gopichand Kattragadda, Paresh Parasnis, and Osama Manzar helped the incubatees in strategizing their product further.
Endpoint Bootcamp of Incubator & Midpoint Bootcamp of the Accelerator
A combined 3 days in-person boot camp was organized for all 22 organizations of The/Nudge Incubator and The/Nudge Accelerator cohort in April 2023. The bootcamp had a series of inspirational and knowledge building sessions, with dedicated spaces for peer bonding and collaboration.
Sessions conducted included Journey of an Entrepreneur by Mekin Maheshwari and Ranjith Mukundan, Building a support spiral by Vishal Talreja; Impact and M&E by Archana Pillai and Kadambari Anantram; Working with the Government by Gautham Ravichander and IAF team (Ravi Trivedi, Rohit Malhotra, Gayathri Swahar); Scaling through tech by Shrikant Karwa and Jerold Pereira; Funding raising by Murugan Vasudevan, Nappina Sampath, Priyanka Prakash, Mahi Titus and Suchetha Bhat; and Culture and values by Vandana Viswanathan,. There was also a Gift wall that facilitated collaboration among the organizations
The Bootcamp was attended by the founders of the incubator and accelerator program, along with the CXOs of the accelerator orgs. The 3 days of combined bootcamp also gave the 10 incubator and 12 accelerator orgs to develop camaraderie and take steps towards making a more vibrant livelihoods focussed startup ecosystem.
Did you know:
Over the course of past 9 months The/Nudge Centre for Social Innovation has provided with
- ₹ 1.5 crore worth innovation grants and ₹ 7 crore worth of seed and scale grants,
- 1000+ hours of dedicated mentoring support from portfolio managers and CSI partners was given to incubatees and their CXO teams.
- 110+ hours of bootcamps and workshops were conducted for all the 22 organizations, with a participation rate of >90%.
- The/Nudge also disbursed ₹ 5.6 crore to all the 16 Pragati orgs in the month of March. The Pragati program is supported by Meta.
Awards & Achievements
Top: Divya Hegde (Founder, Tip Sessions) at the UN headquarters. Bottom: Nilesh Priyadarshi (Founder, Kaarigar Clinic) and Pabiben (Artisan Entrepreneur, Pabiben.com) at Shark Tank
- Divya Hegde spoke about the Blue Economy and sustainable livelihoods at the UN headquarters in New York for the UN Water Conference 2023. Tip Sessions is also the winner of the Transform x Social Alpha Plastics Challenge. Additionally, they also won the Org Impact Award and cash reward of $10,000 for Environmental stewardship out of 947 global applications.
- Kaarigar clinic was invited on Shark Tank Season 2, and was successful in raising total funds of INR 50 lakhs
- Karya was shortlisted as the Top-3 finalist for the Umagine Social Technopreneur Award awarded by the Government of Tamil Nadu. The Award aimed to recognise and reward an early-stage entrepreneur building solutions for resilient livelihoods.
- Slam Out Loud was listed in the hall of fame (5 organisations globally) and Jigyasa (co-founder) was awarded as the Innovator of the year by education organisation HundrEd, Finland.
- Srujna won 'NGO of the year award - Empowering Livelihood' at NGO Awards Summit, Bangalore
- India Development Review & Khushi Baby won Marico Innovation for India Awards 2023 in the Social Category.
- Khushi Baby won Onlymyhealth’s Healthcare Heroes Award 2023 (Innovation in Health Tech category) and PATH India’s Climate X Health Challenge 2023 (Risk Mitigation & Adaptation Category).
- IDR’s podcast “On the Contrary” won India Audio Summit & Awards and IDR was awarded for ‘Best Produced News Podcast’
- Manzil Mystics won Children’s champion award by DCPCR (Delhi Commission For Protection of Child Rights)
- Pi Jam Foundation represented India at the first G20 Education Working Group hosted at Indian Institute of Technology, Madras for showcasing interventions that embody best practices in digital education.